The Airports Authority of India or AAI under the Ministry of Civil Aviation is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India. It provides Air traffic management (ATM) services over Indian airspace and adjoining oceanic areas. It also manages a total of 125 Airports, including 18 International Airports, 7 Customs Airports, 78 Domestic Airports and 26 Civil enclaves at Military Airfields.
- Design, Development, Operation, and Maintenance of international and domestic airports and civil enclaves.
- Control and Management of the Indian airspace extending beyond the territorial limits of the country, as accepted by ICAO.
- Construction, Modification, and Management of passenger terminals.
- Development and Management of cargo terminals at international and domestic airports.
- Provision of passenger facilities and information system at the passenger terminals at airports.
- Expansion and strengthening of operation area, viz. Runways, Aprons, Taxiway etc.
- Provision of visual aids.
- Provision of Communication and Navigation aids, viz. ILS, DVOR, DME, Radar etc.
Important Instructions for Candidates:
- Candidates in their own interest are advised not to wait till the last date and time to submit their applications. AAI shall not be responsible if candidates are not able to submit their applications due to the last minute rush.
- Please retain the printout of the registration form and bank challan with you for future references.
- Please do not send hard copy of the registration form or any documents to the office of AAI.